What you need to know for your computer!
There are some very important things to do with your computer that everyone should know. This blog post will show you some of the top things you should make sure and have for your computer system.
- Setup a backup system: There are so many choices these days for automatic back up that you should take advantage of cloud backup services. For example icloud, backupblaze, or Carbonite. Laptops get stolen, hard drives crash and even desktops die so a backup system is a must for your computer.
- Do it faster: There are keyboard shortcuts you can learn to make your productivity at the keyboard faster. For example do a Ctrl+F to find things on your computer rather than searching it yourself. Ctrl+S to save your work instantly and Ctrl+C for copy a selection of words or pictures. Ctrl+V for pasting that selected copy or pictures into a document or the like. Ctrl+W to close whatever you are working on or even in a browser you can close that browser window. You can find a list of them at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts
- Protect your computer from viruses: Yes, this seems straight forward but many people don’t do it! There are great anti-virus programs out there like Avast, MacAfee, bitdefender, Kaspersky labs, Norton Security and Avira. It’s really important to keep your anti-virus program up to date as well. Most do it automatically but you might want to check that feature is activated when you choose an anti-virus program.
- Run regular maintenance on your computer! During a normal days work we end up downloading lots of stuff and also in browsers we have history that mounts up and slows the computer down. There is a program called CCleaner which does a very good job; however, if you don’t feel comfortable doing that we can help you clean up your computer. Just contact Leo at the Indio store for more information.
- Access your files from anywhere! By using dropbox.com you can get a free account and store your files in the cloud. You can then access those files anywhere in the world and continue working on them or sharing them with others.
In short, these are some great ways to protect your computer and also increase your productivity. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!